Description of the programme:
A week touring on mountain bike in the rural eastern peninsula area of Majorca, where we will make five easy trips on BTT along a combination of asphalt by-roads, gravel tracks and forest paths. This has to be the best way to enjoy the eastern part of the island at a great pace that gives you time to appreciate the details of the countryside far from the tourist crowds and to see little hamlets full of charm where country life proceeds at its own gentle speed.
Location for this activity:
Eastern part of Majorca.
- Total duration in days: 3 / 5 days
- Technical difficulty: Easy
- Physical difficulty: Medium
- 3 days: 195,00 € per person (min. 4 participants for the activity to take place)
- 5 days: 325,00 € per person (min. 4 participants for the activity to take place)
What the price includes:
- Authorised guides, insurance, picnic during the trip, transfers to the trip locations, support vehicle and bicycle of the mountain bike type (Accommodation can be organised if required)
Minimum equipment requirements the client must provide:
- Suitable shoes for cycling (as an option the standard pedals can be exchanged for shoe adjusted pedals or for your own)
- Water for each day’s trip, at least 1½ litres
- Lunch for the day’s trip
- Suitable clothing for the time of year
- Suitable rucksack
- Personal Documentation.
Detailed information on each day or excursion
- Day 1 – Porto Cristo: This easy excursion not far from the coast takes us south towards Porto Cristo, a small coastal town where the famous grottos known as Cuevas del Drach are located. During the trip we will take a break in the charming location of Son Carrió, one of the smallest towns in the vicinity with only about 500 inhabitants.
- Day 2 – Artá: This is the day with the greatest height difference in this programme. We will head towards the town of Artá, which was the capital of the eastern part of the island in the era of the Moors. With its wonderful market full of local produce, Artá is the ideal spot for a short break to have a cup of coffee or buy a souvenir for the family at home. tiene el entorno ideal para realizar una pausa y tomar un café o comprar algún recuerdo para la vuelta a casa.
- Day 3 – Manacor: This tour is one of the longer ones in the programme and will see us pedalling towards the centre of the island. Manacor is the birthplace of the famous tennis player Rafael Nadal and today it is the largest town in the region, with plenty of shops, businesses and public offices. Our trip takes us through the back streets and rural areas of this part of the island.
- Day 4 – Sant Llorenç: The trip includes a fairly steep descent along one of the prettiest country lanes in the east of the island. The road winds along the valley of Sa Begura between gentle hills, farmland and plantations of almond trees, a most attractive area well hidden from the tourists.
- Day 5 – Petra: We head back to the centre of the island to Petra, the birthplace of the monk Fray Junipero Serra, a missionary and founder of numerous church missions and cities on the east coast of the USA, such as San Francisco, San Antonio, etc. The tour is quite long but mainly flat without much climbing.
Main technical data of the trips:
- Distance: 25,12 Km. Approx. duration: 3:30 min. Ascent: 96 m. Descent: 88 m.Technical difficulty: Easy Physical difficulty: Easy.
- Distance: 35,76 Km. Approx. duration: 4:15 min. Ascent: 379 m. Descent: 386 m.Technical difficulty: Medium Physical difficulty: Easy.
- Distance: 43,74 Km. Approx. duration: 5:30 min. Ascent: 279 m. Descent: 286 m.Technical difficulty: Easy Physical difficulty: Medium.
- Distance: 42,71 Km. Approx. duration: 3:45 min. Ascent: 314 m. Descent: 413 m.Technical difficulty: Easy Physical difficulty: Medium.
- Distance: 37,97 Km. Approx. duration: 4:30 min. Ascent: 256 m. Descent: 165 m.Technical difficulty: Easy Physical difficulty: Medium.