Travessa de LLevant
The rugged eastern part of Majorca is less well-known but is an ideal location for this three-day trip through the natural reserve of Llevant, with different overnight stops on the way.
It offers a magnificent combination of unspoilt white sandy beaches and the medium height mountains of the eastern Majorca coastal area. This is an ideal excursion for a first taste of long hikes ans for all walking enthusiasts.
Price: from 450€ per person
Description of the programme:
The rugged eastern part of Majorca is less well-known but is an ideal location for this three-day trip through the natural reserve of Llevant, with different overnight stops on the way. It offers a magnificent combination of unspoilt white sandy beaches and the medium height mountains of the eastern Majorcan coastal area. This is an ideal excursion for a first taste of long hikes and for all walking enthusiasts.
Location for this activity:
“Parque Natural de la Península de Llevant” – Nature Park of the Eastern Peninsula. The trip starts in Cala Ratjada and ends in Artà.
- Total duration in days: 3 days / 4 nights
- Technical difficulty: Easy
- Physical difficulty: Easy - Medium
- 450.00 € per person (min. 4 participants for the activity to take place)
What the price includes:
- Authorised mountains guides, insurance, back-up logistics and support vehicle for luggage and transfers, accommodation in hotels (double rooms) or hostels with half board.
Minimum equipment requirements the client must provide:
- - Good sturdy shoes for the activity (climbing or hiking boots)
- Water for each day, at least 1½ litres
- Lunch during the daily trip
- Suitable clothing for the season
- Lightweight summer sleeping bag for sleeping in the hostel
- Personal documentation .
Detailed information on each day or excursion
- Day 1 – Arrival at the hotel: Arrival by plane, accommodation in a hotel in Cala Ratjada, group meeting and initial briefing to explain the programme and each day’s trips.
- Day 2 – 1st stage, Cala Ratjada - S’Arenalet d’Aubarca: This is the first stage of the programme with a gentle beginning and not much height to climb. The whole day is spent close to the coast, heading in a north-earterly direction through the natural park area. It is a very beautiful trip with a changing landscape of beaches, sand dunes and tracks.
- Day 3 – 2nd stage, S’Arenalet d’Aubarca – Ermita (hermitage) de Artà: This is the shortest distance but covers the greatest total difference in height. We leave the NE coast, heading towards the Bay of Alcudia. We will climb the highest hill in the Parque Natural de Llevant, called Sa Talaia Freda, with a total height of 564 m. During the hike we will see a wonderful parorama of views over the Bay of Alcudia, central plain of Majorca and the north
- Day 4 – 3rd stage, Ermita de Artà-Artà: The longest distance on this trip, today we will cover almost 14 km. We will climb one of the most attractive and typical mountains in the eastern hills, called Farrutx, a landmark with spectacular views over most of the island. From there we will then descend to the town of Artá where this trip ends.
- Day 5 – Return home Group departure from the hotel for the flight home.
Main technical data for these excursion:
- Distance for the day: 12,8 Km. Approximate duration: 5h:00 min. Total height climbed: 250 m. Total descent: 249 m. Accumulated distance: 12,8 k m.
- Distance for the day: 10,77 Km. Approximate duration: 4h:15 min. Total height climbed: 746 m. Total descent: 578 m. Accumulated distance: 23,6 Km.
- Distance for the day:: 13,67Km. Approximate duration: 5h:30 min. Total height climbed: 606 m. Total descent: 748 m. Accumulated distance: 32,27 Km.