Trekking Tramuntana - Llevant
This is a week spent in gentle hiking through the mountains of the Tramuntana range and the easter hills, with three, five or six trips along classical hiking routes in Mallorca.
It is he best way to enjoy the island and a place that lets you soak up its beatify and details. The combination of the Nature Park LLevant in the esat and Tramuntana in the north gives you a good opportunity of appreciating the island as a whole.
The flexible package allows you to choose the days and locations where you want to walk, with a minimum of 3 excursions.
Price: from 135€ per person
Description of the programme:
This is a week spent in gentle hiking through the mountains of the Tramuntana range and the eastern hills, with three, five or six trips along classical hiking routes in Majorca. It is the best way to enjoy the island, at a pace that lets you soak up all its beauty and details. The combination of the Nature Park in the east and Tramuntana in the north gives you a good opportunity of appreciating the island as a whole. The flexible package allows you to choose the days and locations where you want to walk, with a minimum of 3 excursions (see table).
Location for this activity:
Mountains of the Serra de Tramuntana (recognised UNESCO heritage site) and Nature Park of Llevant.
- Total duration in days: 3/5/6 days
- Technical difficulty: Easy
- Physical difficulty: Medium
- 3 days: 135,00 € per person
- 5 days: 195,00 € per person
- 6 days: 225,00 € per person
(min. 4 participants for the activity to take place)
What the price includes:
- Authorised guides for low mountains, insurance, picnic on the excursions, transfers to and from arrival and departure points. (Accommodation can be organised if required)
Minimum equipment requirements the client must provide:
- Good hiking boots.
- Water for each day, at least 1½ litres
- Lunch package for the trips.
- Suitable clothing for the season.
- Well-fitting rucksack
- Personal documentation
Detailed information on each day or excursion
- Day 1 – Barranc (gorge) de Biniaraix (Tramuntana): In this trip we make our way along one of the most historical and best preserved ancient stone paved tracks in the whole of the mountain range of Tramuntana. In times gone by, it was the principal transit route between Soller and Escorca, providing access to the fertile valleys of Cuber, Almallutx and Orient. The track runs along the gorge of Biniaraix or l’Ofre, and in the rainy season we will have water running beside us for a lengthy part of the day.
- Day 2 – Alqueria Vella - Betlem (Nature Park of Llevant): The very beautiful and ancient tracks far from the crowds take us past old properties lost in time, dating from mediaeval Majorca such as the hermitage S’Hermita de Betlem or the old estate S’Alqueria Vella. The path is no more than half a metre wide for most of the way, with very impressive views out over the Bay of Alcudia. The day’s tour ends right by the sea, where we will enjoy a well-earned typical Majorcan picnic.
- Día 3 – Tossals Verds (Tramuntana): We start our hike right in the heart of the Sierra de Tramuntana on another ancient track leading to the valley of Almallutx from Alaró, passing through the public access lands around Tossals Verds. During the walk we will pass by the popular mountain hostel of Tossals Verds, one of the most authentic such refuges on the island.
- Día 4 – Es Farrutx (Nature Park of Llevant): The walk today climbs up one of the most attractive and typical mountains in the eastern range of the Sierra de Llevant, called Farrutx, which offers spectacular views over a large part of the island. It is a landmark with a curious shape and has lent its name to one of the local wines grown on Majorca, certified local produce, with a picture of the mountain on the label.
- Day 5 – Camí de s’Arxiduc – “The archduke’s path” (Tramuntana): The archduke Ludwig Salvator of Austria was a great driving force behind the development of natural tourism on Majorca. Proof of this can be found in the numerous viewpoints and tracks located all through the area between Valldemossa and Deia, which he had built in order to enjoy the mountains and nature on the island.
- Day 6 – S’Esquena Llarga (Nature Park of Llevant): This trip is the perfect combination of mountains and white sandy beaches with clear turquoise water. We start in S’Alqueria Vella, walking up the “Camí dels Presos” (“the Prisoners’ Path”), an old path built by republican prisoners in the Spanish Civil War that is used by many walkers today, some of them the descendants of those prisoners.
Main technical data of the trips:
- Distance: 12,79 Km. Aprox. duration: 3h:30 min. Ascent: 282 m. Descent: 1224 m. Technical difficulty: Easy Physical difficulty: Easy
- Distance: 11 Km. Aprox. duration: 4h:00 min. Ascent: 130 m. Descent: 379 m. Technical difficulty: Medium Physical difficulty: Easy
- Distance: 12,28 Km. Aprox. duration: 5h:30 min. Ascent: 362 m. Descent: 880 m. Technical difficulty: Medium Physical difficulty: Easy
- Distance: 11,99 Km. Aprox. duration: 4h:30 min. Ascent: 827 m. Descent: 737 m. Technical difficulty: Easy Physical difficulty: Medium
- Distance: 13,67 Km. Aprox. duration: 5h:15 min. Ascent: 590 m. Descent: 600 m. Technical difficulty: Easy Physical difficulty: Medium
- Distance: 19,09 Km. Aprox. duration: 5h:30 min. Ascent: 708 m. Descent: 522 m. Technical difficulty: Easy Physical difficulty: Medium