MTB 5 days medium
A week tour on mountain bike in the rural eastern peninsula area of Mallorca, where we will make five medium-hard trips on BTT along a combination of asphalt by-roads, gravel and forest paths.
This has to be the best way to enjoy the eastern part of the island at a great pace that gives you time to appreciate the details of the countryside far from the tourism crowds and to see little hamlets full of charm where country life proceeds at its owns gentle speed.
Description of the programme:
A week touring on mountain bike in the rural eastern peninsula area of Majorca, where we will make five medium-hard trips on BTT along a combination of asphalt by-roads, gravel tracks and forest paths. This has to be the best way to enjoy the eastern part of the island at a great pace that gives you time to appreciate the details of the countryside far from the tourist crowds and to see little hamlets full of charm where country life proceeds at its own gentle speed.
Location for this activity:
Eastern part of Majorca.
- Total duration in days: 3 / 5 days
- Technical difficulty: Medium
- Physical difficulty: Medium - Hard
- 3 days: 195,00 € per person (min. 4 participants for the activity to take place)
- 5 days: 325,00 € per person (min. 4 participants for the activity to take place)
What the price includes:
- Authorised guides, insurance, picnic during the trip, transfers to the trip locations, support vehicle and bicycle of the mountain bike type (Accommodation can be organised if required)
Minimum equipment requirements the client must provide:
- Suitable shoes for cycling (as an option the standard pedals can be exchanged for shoe adjusted pedals or for your own)
- Water for each day’s trip, at least 1½ litres.
- Lunch for the day’s trip
- Suitable clothing for the time of year
- Suitable rucksack
- Personal Documentation.
Detailed information on each day or excursion
- Day 1 - Son Macià: This is the day with most hill work. We will head for the centre of the island through the little town of Son Maciá, nestling between hills and lush fields, and passing though the rural property known as Es Fangar. This stretch runs through spectacularly beautiful scenery and became quite famous due to the controversy that arose when the owner closed off the public right of way and refused to allow hikers or travellers to pass through.
- Day 2 - Artà: We will head for the town that was the capital of the eastern part of the islalnd in the days of the Moors, along part of the rural route GR 222. With its wonderful market, Artá is the ideal spot to take a break for a cup of coffee or to buy a souvenir to take back home.
- Day 3 – Colònia de Sant Pere: The trip gives us marvellous views of the Bay of Alcudia and the mountains of the Tramuntana as we cycle down the hill towards the seaside village of Colonia de Sant Pere. Our day starts on the east coast of the island and ends on the north coast, crossing over the peninsula of Llevant.
- Day 4 – Es Bosc Vell: The day finds us deep in the hidden recesses of what is probably the most unspoilt part of the island. The wide spaces in the area around Es Bosc Vell (“the old wood”) make it a very beautiful place, although not known to many. This is the longest trip in the programme.
- Day 5 – Cala Torta: Although this is the shortest trip in distance, it is also technically the most difficult due to the terrain we have to cross. We will pass through part of the Nature Park of Llevant heading for one of the few virgin beaches on Majorca with no buildings in sight in any direction. This is surely one of the most interesting trips for mountain bike enthusiasts.
Main technical data of the trips:
- Distance: 62,28 Km. Approx. duration: 5:15 min. Ascent: 863 m. Descent: 849 m. Technical difficulty: Medium Physical difficulty: Easy.
- Distance: 64,67 Km. Approx. duration: 4:50 min. Ascent: 521 m. Descent: 514 m. Technical difficulty: Easy Physical difficulty: Medium.
- Distance: 40,46 Km. Approx. duration: 4:30 min. Ascent: 425 m. Descent: 411 m. Technical difficulty: Medium Physical difficulty: Easy.
- Distance: 70,82 Km. Approx. duration: 5:30 min. Ascent: 413 m. Descent: 319 m. Technical difficulty: Medium Physical difficulty: Hard.
- Distance: 11,99 Km. Approx. duration: 4:30 min. Ascent: 589 m. Descent: 571 m. Technical difficulty: Hard Physical difficulty: Medium.